6 things to know about 2015 Selective Reenlistment Bonus
WASHINGTON (NNS) -- The Selective Reenlistment Bonus plan has been updated. Here are six things Sailors should know about the new plan.
1. NAVADMIN 106/15 contains the updated SRB eligibility and award level. Go read it at www.npc.navy.mil to see if you are eligible for a reenlistment bonus.
2. The increased award levels are effective immediately and decreased levels are effective 30 days from the release of the NAVADMIN.
3. Changes to award levels from the SRB plan released last April include: 26 award level increases, 25 reductions, 15 skills added, and five skills eliminated. An additional two skills were removed, but there is no loss of eligibility for Sailors since these skills were rolled into another existing SRB skill.
4. SRB provides incentives to Sailors with critical skills and experience to stay Navy. It rewards Sailors who attain special training in skills most needed in the fleet, and helps meet critical skill reenlistment benchmarks and enhance Navy's ability to size, shape and stabilize manning. Award levels are adjusted as reenlistment requirements for specific ratings and skill sets are met.
5. Sailors eligible for a SRB reenlistment are encouraged to work with their command career counselors, command master chiefs, and chain of command to discuss timing of reenlistment and procedures well before their EAOS.
6. SRB policy can be found at http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/career/enlistedcareeradmin/pages/srb.aspx
For more news from Chief of Naval Personnel, visit www.navy.mil/cnp or www.navy.mil/local/cnp/.