Osan expecting inclement weather for Turkey Day
OSAN AIR BASE, Republic of Korea -- The Osan Weather Office is predicting snow starting Nov. 26 and running through Nov. 28, Thanksgiving Day.
The Osan area can expect intermittent light snow showers through the course of the evening hours with a trace amount, or a quarter inch-accumulation, of snow.
On the morning of Nov. 27, a stronger push of moisture will advance across the ROK, bringing with it a temperature drop to 28 degrees, gusty winds up to 25 knots and snow showers. Precipitation is expected to begin at 5 a.m., Nov. 27, and persist through the early morning of Nov. 28. The maximum expected accumulation for Osan AB is 3 to 4 inches.
"We ask that everyone, particularly facility managers, be ready for inclement weather over this holiday weekend," said Col. Michael Strunk, 51st Mission Support Group commander. "Please ensure facility heating fuel tanks are full and remember that individual facility managers are responsible for snow and/or ice removal within 50 feet of their buildings."
Facility managers also need to make sure they have shovels and ice-melt, and are prepared to have someone come in over the holiday weekend if needed.
For more updates, please be sure to use these sources for the most up-to-date information:
- Commander's Access Channel
- Road Condition Hotline: DSN 784-7623 and Comm: 0505-784-7623
- Road Conditions Matrix From Osan homepage: http://www.osan.af.mil/shared/media/document/AFD-130207-001.pdf
- Osan Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/51FWOsanAB
- USFK webpage: http://www.usfk.mil/usfk
School Delays or Closures:
- Osan American High School:http://extranet.oahs.pac.dodea.edu
Also, stay tuned to AFN 88.5 "The Eagle" for the most up-to-date information.