Sontan Entertainment District declared off-limits
The Commander of Osan AB is declaring the Songtan Entertainment and Shopping District "OFF LIMITS" as of 11 a.m. Friday morning. Please see the following information provided by the 51st FW Public Affairs Office:
By order of the Installation Commander, the Songtan Entertainment District (SED) will be off limits to all military personnel, starting at 11 a.m. Friday, June 14 and will continue from 11 a.m.-5 a.m. daily, until further notice. Family members and civilian personnel are highly encouraged to avoid the area during this restriction. This restriction is due to a large scale protest that will take place daily outside the Osan Air Base main gate. This action is necessary to ensure the safety and welfare of military and civilian personnel and family members and to avert incidents and provocations detrimental to the alliance between the United States and Republic of Korea. During the restricted hours, the main gate will be closed to all vehicle and pedestrian traffic, except as noted below.
- See the attached map for what is considered the Songtan Entertainment District.
- The only individuals who are allowed to use the main gate pedestrian entrance are authorized Korean nationals.
- The Morin and ROKAF gates will conduct normal operations.
- All personnel who reside off base are asked to wear civilian clothes when traveling to and from base.
- During off limits hours, personnel who reside in or are lodged in the SED may remain in their personal residence or lodging. Such personnel may travel directly to and from their residence by the most expeditious route, avoiding the main gate. The use of base taxis is recommended.
- No parking will be allowed in the American Eatery parking lot directly inside the main gate pedestrian entrance.
- For emergency assistance off base, call 119. To contact on base emergency personnel, call 0505-784-9111.