Celebrate the holidays with Prost and between
With Christmas and New Year’s around the corner, it’s the time of the year to be merry and spend time with friends, family and loved ones. This year, spend the season of warmth, joy and good cheer at two of the hottest spots in Itaewon. If you’re hosting a party at home, try two recipes specially created by our chefs.
PROST is one of the premiere event destinations in the heart of Seoul. The venue offers premium facilities and versatile space configurations in a convenient and easily accessible location. It’s the perfect place to celebrate Christmas and New Year’s Eve with friends or colleagues.
A contemporary take on the classic alehouse, PROST features elegant woodwork, vintage tiling and eclectic interior design to create an atmosphere that’s both intimate and inviting.
The PROST kitchen, headed by Michelin three-star chef Gu Jin-kwang, creates a menu of pub classics with a modern twist, producing dishes that are comfortable yet refined.
PROST also offers a late-night bar menu and a full bar, where guests can broaden their horizons by tasting new and different types of ales and spirits.
The bar has 15 kinds of beer on tap, including Guinness and Heineken. Try Heineken Dark, Newcastle Brown and other varieties from different countries. And don’t forget to try our cocktails.
PROST also has a shooter bar, located between the main bar and the terrace. Shooters are made with vodka, liqueur and three to four kinds of syrup — our mixologist’s handiwork — and are best experienced in person.
The exterior terrace is a stunning and unique space, an oasis with ample seating, a covered deck and luscious gardens. DJ Byeol plays a wide variety of music to make your stay at PROST both relaxing and memorable.
BETWEEN DINING & TAPAS LOUNGE
Inspired by the flavors and textures of rustic Italian cuisine, BETWEEN offers an authentic yet modern menu served in an elegant environment. BETWEEN is a great place to sit back and hang out with friends and loved ones. The atmosphere is clean and fresh, with drinks that are on point and food that is even better. It’s a perfect spot to end the year with an amazing meal!
HOLIDAY COOKING WITH PROST AND BETWEEN
Hosting a party at home is a fun and creative way to celebrate during the holidays, which are often busy with parties and family gatherings. Our executive chefs want to help you impress your guests and leave them chatting long after the event is over. They’ve shared these two recipes to help get you started.
By Prost Chef Gu Jin-kwang
Turkey roll: Turkey (or chicken), pork belly, chestnuts, butter
Cranberry sauce: Cranberries, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper
Garnish: Sautéed winter vegetables (cabbage, baby carrots, onions, baby potatoes)
- Slice open the raw turkey, carefully remove the bones and lay it as flat as possible on your cutting board. * If you’re using a chicken, separate the breast and thigh.
- Put egg whites in a blender with the ground pork and add salt and pepper.
- Shell and cut the chestnuts into small pieces and mix with the pork stuffing.
- Spread the pork stuffing over the flattened turkey.
- Roll the turkey into a cylinder. To hold it in place, tie it with cooking string at 1-centimeter intervals.
- Add salt and pepper to the outer surface and brush with butter before putting it into the oven. Roast for 30 minutes. Depending on the size of the bird, the oven should be heated to between 120 and 140 degrees Celsius. The temperature of the turkey should never be more than 70 degrees.
- While the roll is roasting, make the cranberry sauce. Put cranberries, sugar, red wine vinegar and a touch of cinnamon into a pot and boil the mixture.
- Once the turkey is baked, slice the roll into pieces roughly 1-1.5 centimeters thick. Garnish with sautéed vegetables and serve with cranberry sauce on top.
Deep-fried Mozzarella Wrapped in San Daniele Prosciutto with Spicy Tomato Sauce
By Between Chef Paolo Collavini
3 slices of prosciutto, ½ ball of buffalo mozzarella cheese
Tomato sauce, Baby arugula, Balsamic reduction,
- Cut mozzarella into three pieces. Place a slice of prosciutto on top of each piece of cheese and roll to tuck in edges.
- Dip the rolls into a mixture of flour, egg and bread crumbs
- Deep fry for 45 to 60 seconds at 170 degrees Celsius. Do not fry for more than one minute or the mozzarella may start melting.
- Heat the tomato sauce and add the baby arugula, balsamic reduction and sun-dried tomatoes. Pour the sauce over the mozzarella and prosciutto and serve.
More Info: PROST
Phone: (02) 796-6854
Address: Seoul, Yongsan-gu, Itaewon 1-dong 116-1,Hamilton Hotel annex
Website: www.facebook.com/prostpubandgrill (link is external)
More Info: BETWEEN DINING & TAPAS LOUNGE
Phone: (02) 795-6164
Address: Seoul, Yongsan-gu, Itaewon 1-dong 124-7, 1F-3F