Due to popular demand, Navy HHG increases 2017 move webinars
SAN DIEGO (NNS) -- Naval Supply Systems Command Global Logistics Support (NAVSUP GLS) Household Goods (HHG) added 15 more webinars to its series of live, interactive webinars that assist Sailors and their families in facilitating military moves, March 10.
The total number of webinars offered since Jan. 10 is 65, up from the original 50 scheduled early this year.
"Due to popular demand, we made the strategic decision to increase the number of live webinars we are offering in order to better accommodate our Sailors and their families' schedules," said Deborah McGlennon, NAVSUP GLS HHG program manager.
In addition to the HHG webinar schedule, NAVSUP GLS is offering customized webinars for individual commands which have a mass of 20 or more Sailors moving within the same three to six month window through the rest of the calendar year.
"We are very customer service-oriented; if there is a need and a demand, we'll develop customized webinars for individual commands who are interested in receiving them," said McGlennon.
Commands interested in receiving customized webinars should contact Deloma Miley via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The webinars, part of an ongoing effort to help educate Sailors and their families of the HHG process in order to make moves go smoothly, cover moves which are part of a permanent change of station (PCS), a retirement, or separation orders.
The webinars, available via personal phone, tablet, and computer -- including government computers -- are scheduled from now through June, during peak HHG season.
"This is a terrific initiative for our members, families, and partner organizations," said Paul Brown, director of warfighter and family readiness for NAVSUP GLS.
"It provides our customers with valuable knowledge and support -- each person can attend at a time and location convenient for them," said Brown. "This service is interactive, tailored and flexible, and is well designed for the needs of our members and today's environment."
Below follows the schedule and a short description for each type of move covered in the webinars. Times given are in Pacific Standard Time:
- First-time movers (basic terminology, what can be shipped, your responsibilities, moving company responsibilities, etc.): March 14 and April 11 at 7 a.m. and 6 p.m. PST, May 9 at 7 a.m., 2 p.m. and 6 p.m. PST, June 13 at 7 a.m. and 2 p.m. PST.
- Retirees (final move preparation, storage, etc.): March 21 and April 18 at 7 a.m. and 6 p.m. PST, May 16 at 7 a.m., 2 p.m. and 6 p.m. PST, June 20 at 7 a.m. and 2 p.m. PST.
- Moving overseas (what can and cannot be shipped, shipping or storing a vehicle, storage, etc.): March 15 and April 19 at 7 a.m. and 6 p.m. PST, May 17 at 7 a.m., 2 p.m. and 6 p.m. PST, June 21 at 7 a.m. and 2 p.m. PST.
- Separating from the military (final move entitlement, storage, etc.): March 28 and April 25 at 7 a.m. and 6 p.m. PST, May 23 at 7 a.m., 2 p.m. and 6 p.m. PST, June 27 at 7 a.m. and 2 p.m. PST.
- Moving question and answer (opportunity to ask any move question): March 23 and April 27 7 a.m. and 6 p.m. PST, May 25 at 7 a.m., 2 p.m. and 6 p.m. PST, June 29 at 7 a.m. and 2 p.m. PST.
The live webinars will be hosted by the online video conferencing service, GoToMeeting. To access the webinars, follow the guidelines provided below:
- For personal phone or tablet users: Download the online GoToMeeting web application, launch the application and use session id number 166349037.
- For personal computer users: The URL is https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/166349037.
- Government computer users: Google Chrome is the recommended browser; the URL is https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/166349037.
For more helpful guidance, go to the HHG website at: https://www.navsup.navy.mil. Once ready to create your application(s), visit http://www.move.mil.
Navy HHG provides assistance through various customer channels and social media. Email us at email@example.com; call us at 855-HHG-MOVE (855-444-6683); or visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/navyhhg, YouTube www.youtube.com/navyhhg or Pinterest www.pinterest.com/navyhhg.
NAVSUP GLS provides global logistics for a global Navy. The organization is made up of more than 6,300 military and civilian logistics professionals operating from 105 locations worldwide, providing an extensive array of integrated global logistics and contracting services to Navy, Marine Corps, joint operational units and allied forces across all warfare enterprises.
For more information, visit www.navy.mil, www.facebook.com/usnavy, or www.twitter.com/usnavy.
For more on NAVSUP Global Logistics Support, visit http://www.navsup.navy.mil/public/navsup/gls/ or http://www.facebook.com/navsupgls/.
For more news from Naval Supply Systems Command, visit www.navy.mil/local/navsup/.