Grilled Beer Battered Ham & Cheese Sandwich Recipe
1 thick slice Sourdough Bread
1/4 cup Beer
1 tbsp Flour
1 cup shredded of a mix of Sharp Cheddar, Mozzarella and Monterey Jack Cheeses
Generous slices of Ham/Bacon or Tomatoes, Avocados, Sun-dried Tomatoes
1 tsp Smoked Paprika
2 tbsp Butter
Salt and Pepper to taste
Optional: Hash Curry Sauce
1. Beat together eggs, flour, smoked paprika, beer and salt and pepper until well combined.
2. Slice the bread in half and soak in the egg mixture, pressing down to ensure full absorption.
3. Heat the frying pan with 1 tbsp of butter and fry 1 piece until golden brown. Take out and set aside. Place the 2nd slice of sourdough onto the pan and lower the heat.
4. Mix the cheeses well into any leftover egg mixture and gently place on top of the sourdough slice in the pan, cover with a glass lid, and leave until the cheese melts.
4. Remove and seriously layer plenty of ham, bacon or tomatoes and avocado on top and cover with the other warm slice of sourdough and enjoy it asap, with the rest of the beer of course. No wastage.
Optional: Pour over warmed hash curry sauce and enjoy.