Healthy Menu Recipes: Spicy raw hummus with easter egg radishes
A raw, no-bean hummus spiced with a bit of jalapeño and sweetened by sun-dried tomatoes and bell pepper.
Prep Time 20 min
Total Time 25 min
FOR THE HUMMUS
• 1 tablespoon raw (unroasted) tahini
• 1 tablespoon raw chia seeds
• Juice of 1 lemon
• 1 large bell pepper
• ½ large zucchini
• 2 cloves of garlic
• 1 cup sundried tomatoes, soaking in ½ cup water
• Spices to taste: paprika, cumin, onion powder, and good quality sea salt
Easter Egg Radishes, onions, tomatoes, bell peppers, olives (raw), pickles, crackers (raw, vegan, flax), and/or pita bread.
1. Place the sun-dried tomatoes in a 1/2 cup of warm water. Let soak for 20 minutes.
2. Once soaked, place all the hummus ingredients in the blender, including the sun-dried tomato soaking water, and liquify until smooth. (If you are not using a high speed blender, be sure to grind your chia seeds in a coffee grinder beforehand.)
3. Serve with your desired dippers and enjoy.
By Marina Yanay-Triner for blissfuleating.com