Why does my tooth hurt?

News

Why does my tooth hurt?

by: Dr. Chulmin Bae | .
Oaks Dental Clinic | .
published: July 27, 2016

Sometimes tooth pain can be caused by non-dental related problems such as sinus congestion or sinus infection. However, in most cases, tooth pain is caused by tooth decay, inflammation of the tooth pulp, a dental abscess formation, cracks in the tooth, impacted teeth and gum disease.

Often, if your tooth hurts it means that you have waited too long to see the dentist and will need to get treatment or risk losing the tooth. At the Oaks Dental Clinic, we can provide you with a free consultation in English and tell you honestly if you have a problem and how to fix it.
 
Q: How to avoid cavities?

A: Cavities form when your tooth decays due to bacteria in your mouth turning food particles into acid. Over time, you develop plaque and the acids in the plaque dissolve the tooth enamel creating holes in your teeth called cavities. The cavities will need to be cleaned out and filled or you risk eventually losing the whole tooth. To avoid cavities Dr. Chulmin Bae recommends that you brush your teeth 1 hour after eating and floss once a day before bed. Flossing is extremely important as brushing only gets 60% of the tooth while flossing gets the other 40%. Many cavities form on the part between the teeth because people don’t floss regularly. Another great idea is to carry around chewing gum with Xylotol. If you can’t brush your teeth after eating then chew this kind of gum as it helps to remove food particles, does not break down like sugar, keeps a neutral pH level in your mouth and prevents bacteria from sticking to your teeth. You can find this kind of gum at any convenience store in Korea.

Q: My gums are bleeding. What do I do?

A: If any other part of your body started to bleed when you touched it, what would you do? You would immediately go see the doctor. Your gums are no different. If they are bleeding due to brushing or flossing, you should go to the doctor to get it checked. Following correct brushing and flossing procedures can help to reduce this problem but often it is a sign that there is an infection under the gum line.

Q: How often should you see Dr. Bae at the Oaks Dental Clinic?

A: Some people are more prone to dental problems than others. Those who are more prone should see the dentist every 3 months while those who rarely have dental problems should see the dentist once every six months.

Q: The Naked Eye or Dental Surgical Microscope?

A: A dentist who uses a dental surgical microscope can see far more than a dentist who uses the naked eye. This can be the difference between a successful and long lasting procedure and one that lacks in quality.

This equipment is expensive and requires years of training and thus most dentists don’t take advantage of this fantastic advancement in technology which better serves patients. Dr. Chulmin Bae is one of the world’s leading dentists who uses a dental surgical microscope. There are only 133 of these microscopes in all of Korea and most are at teaching hospitals. The Oaks Dental Clinic has its own dental surgical microscope and this technology is used for patients at no extra cost!

Q: I don’t have enough time to see the dentist. What do I do?

A: The technology at the Oaks Dental Clinic is the highest in the world. Restorations like crowns can be created in under 60 minutes meaning you no longer have to wait 1-2 weeks for the process to be completed.

For appointments
Book your appointment at the Oaks Dental Clinic and receive a 10% discount if you mention finding us through this paper. Text or call 010-3641-1465 anytime or E-mail us at oaksdentalclinic@gmail.com by August 30th to claim your discount.

Dr. Chulmin Bae speaks fluent English, is one of the top dentists who use surgical microscopes in the world, graduated #1 from the top university in Korea, has advanced degrees from Germany and Finland and the Oaks has a full time native English speaking staff member from North America.

If you want to improve your life and your dental health book your appointment now. We accept both insured and non-insured patients.

Oaks Dental Clinic
Address: A Tower Building, 7th floor, Yeoksam-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul (We are right next to Gangnam Station, Subway Line 2, Exit 12)
URL:
www.oaksdentalclinic.co.kr
www.facebook.com/oaksdentalclinic
TEL: 010-3641-1465 (Native English speaking service)

Tags: News
Related Content: No related content is available