Korean dessert cafes: Jangkkobang
Jangkkobang: Red bean porridge made with 100% domestic ingredients
Jangkkobang is a famous red bean porridge café near Gangnam Station. The first thing that comes into sight as you enter the café is a large traditional caldron for cooking red beans. At Jangkkobang, every morning begins by simmering red beans in this caldron.
The most popular items are patbingsu (shaved ice with sweetened red beans) in summer and danpatjuk (sweetened red bean porridge) in winter, both of which are loved by customers of all ages. From the red beans of Hongcheong-gun, Gangwon-do to the chestnuts of Gongju-si, Chungcheongnam-do, and the jujubes of Gyeongsang-do, to the rice cakes made with glutinous rice from Ganghwa-do, all ingredients are domestically produced and directly procured by the café. The savory danpatjuk made with moderately sweetened red beans is served in a specially manufactured bowl to prevent the porridge from cooling too quickly. Another delicacy that cannot be missed at Jangkkobang is chapssaltteok (glutinous rice cake) which is also sold in gift packed boxes.
- Address：27, Gangnam-daero 61-gil, Seocho-gu, Seoul
- Getting There： Gangnam Station (Subway Line 2, Sinbundang Subway Line), Exit 9, go straight and turn right after passing the large, blue glass-building. Continue walking straight and turn left at the intersection with the Burger King and continue in that direction. Jangkkobang will be on your left-hand side at the corner of the next intersection.
- Hours： 9：00 - 22：00 / Open year-round
- Menu： Danpatjuk 7,000 won, Chapssaltteok 1,500 won, Patbingsu 7,000 won
- Inquiries: +82-2-597-5511