Six great places to travel around Korea this June
Summertime in Korea provides great opportunities to explore off-the-beaten-path locations around the country.
The Korea Tourism Organization has named six places around the country as a ‘place to visit in June’.
The recommended places are:
1. Sacheon — Located in South Gyeongsang Province, its become famous for the Sacheon Ocean Cable Carwhich opened to the public in early 2018.
2. Gadeokdo, Busan — Gadeokdo Island which houses the famous Gadeokdo lighthouse built in 1909, is often referred to as the ‘Island of History,’ and is the largest island in Busan.
3. Yeongheungdo, Incheon — Three sandy beaches, including Nae-ri, Simripo and Janggyeong-ri are highlights of this former strategic military island.
4. Seonyudo, Jeollabuk-do — The combination of Seonyudo’s natural beauty, seafood and the ability to really “get away from it all” make it an ideal retreat.
5. Geogeumdo, Jeollanam-do — Picturesque landscapes and a slow lifestyle make this a nice place to get away from it all.
6. Wando, South Jeolla Province — Great seafood, one of the country’s best arboretums and lovely nature make this port island a must visit.
Subscribe to our Stripes Pacific newsletter and receive amazing travel stories, great event info, cultural information, interesting lifestyle articles and more directly in your inbox!
Follow us on social media!