Exchange and LG U+ announce new on-base premium CATV package for Korea
CAMP FOSTER, Japan – Beginning Feb. 1, service members living on-base at most locations in Korea will be able to subscribe to a new package of CATV channels through LG U+. Popular channels will include History, Military History, Travel, BET, Fox Sports, Nickelodeon, Discovery, HGTV and more.
The new PLUS TV premium package will be available at Camps Carroll, Casey, George, Henry, Hovey, Humphrey, K-16, Red Cloud, Stanley, Walker and Yongsan with more than 50 channels. To subscribe, service members will need to visit one of the LG U+ store locations to register and receive a Set Top Box. Pre-registration for the new service is also available to on-base locations. .
A preliminary listing of channels includes:
- AFN (Atlantic, Family, Movie, News, Pacific, Spectrum, Sports and Xtra)
- News (BBC World News, Fox News and RT)
- Sports (Big Ten Network, Discovery Life and Fox Sports 2)
- Entertainment (A&E, BBC America, BET, Comedy Central, Fox Movie Channel, FX, FXX, Lifetime, Lifetime Movie and Lifetime Real Women Channels, and Spike TV)
- Kids and Family (Animal Planet, Discovery Family, Nickelodeon and TV Land)
- Lifestyle (American Heroes, Bio Channel, CI, Destination America, Discovery Channel, Discovery ID, E!, Food Network, H2, HGTV, History and Military History Channels, national Geographic and national Geographic Wild Channels, OWN, Science Channel, TLS and Travel Channel)
- Religion (EWTN and Trinity)
- 13 Music Channels
- Commanders Channel
- Korean Local Channels (at a few locations)
For more information about PLUS TV, contact LG U+ at a local store or call 080-850-1891 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Late last year, LG U+ assumed management of CATV services in Korea from Army and Family MWR, significantly reducing direct expense to the military while paving the way for service members to enjoy more program options, digital features and upgraded signal quality over the longer term.
LG U+, which already serves the U.S. military community through Exchange contracts for high-speed internet and mobile communications, has plans to invest in technical infrastructure upgrades that will pave the way for future digital features.
The Army & Air Force Exchange Service is a joint non-appropriated fund instrumentality of the Department of Defense and is directed by a Board of Directors which is responsible to the Secretaries of the Army and the Air Force through the Service Chiefs of Staff. The Exchange has the dual mission of providing authorized patrons with quality merchandise and services at competitively low prices and generating non-appropriated fund earnings as a supplemental source of funding for military morale, welfare and recreation programs. To find out more about the Exchange history and mission or to view recent press releases please visit our Web site at http://www.shopmyexchange.com.
Subscribe to our Stripes Pacific newsletter and receive amazing travel stories, great event info, cultural information, interesting lifestyle articles and more directly in your inbox!
Follow us on social media!