Friendly tips, tools and strategies
Congratulations! You have just finished your first week of transformation. I hope you’re still on track. Now, my friends, you are ready. We have a vision. We have a plan. We spoke about SMART goals. Next step is to focus on the below “Top 11” list of friendly tips, tools and strategies to get out of the gate strong during these ever-so-important first weeks.
1. Use “stickies” liberally and often. Post them on your computer, in the car, in your bathroom, bedroom, on the refrigerator and wherever else you can think of. The purpose is to see these wherever you go. On these “stickies” write your daily visions and goals. Merely seeing them daily will help with the process. A positive affirmation goes a long way.
2. Set out that pair of jeans, dress, blouse or slacks that you want to be able to wear again and keep it where you can see it often in your home.
3. Keep a water bottle with you at all times or every time you walk past a water fountain take a drink.
4. First thing in the morning when you get up, drink 1-2 glasses of water as your body is dehydrated and 1-2 glasses before you go to bed. (Hopefully this will not cause you to be up all night making bathroom trips.)
5. Drink 1-2 glasses of water before eating every meal, which gives your stomach the impression it is fuller, making it easier to not overeat.
6. Plan your meals in terms of what and when you are going to eat. Much the same one would do with his work schedule. Otherwise, you will have inconsistency and erratic meal times.
7. Plan your workouts. Please see #6.
8. Don’t weigh yourself daily; once a week is fine. Your body weight fluctuates daily, due to the large water content of our body. Focus on how you feel, how you’re noticing your body change and how your clothes are beginning to feel much better.
9. Reward yourself for improvements and positive behavior changes. Notice : I didn’t say indulge in a day long feast of “junk food” and poor decisions. Moderation, my friends.
10. Don’t let yourself get hungry as research shows we crave sugar and also make poor decisions. Eat small meals with intermittent healthy snacks every few hours. A great resource is the choosemyplate.gov, the United States of Agriculture Department website.
11. Leave a set of workout clothes at the office in the event you forget to pack the night before, therefore you can still get your workout on at work or on the way home.
Just remember to stay the course. Consistency will always win! Just because you had a bad day or even week or month don’t give up. Get right back to the plan!
Stay tuned for the next two weeks on hiring a personal trainer, what to look for in your health coach or trainer and how to navigate around a grocery store and still make healthy choices.
For additional inquiries, services or questions please submit inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
andy has 25 years of leadership, programming and directing experience in the sports, training, youth, recreation, coaching, education, fitness, health and wellness industry in vast positions with organizations such as; NJCAA, NCAA, USA Track and Field, Arena Football League II, Olympic Training Center, California Football Association, YMCA and the Department of Defense-FMWR as a “Subject Matter Expert.” Randy prides himself on keeping up to date on ‘cutting edge’ and relevant pertinent information.
Subscribe to our Stripes Pacific newsletter and receive amazing travel stories, great event info, cultural information, interesting lifestyle articles and more directly in your inbox!
Follow us on social media!