Healthy Menu Recipes: Spicy raw hummus with easter egg radishes
A raw, no-bean hummus spiced with a bit of jalapeño and sweetened by sun-dried tomatoes and bell pepper.
Prep Time 20 min
Total Time 25 min
FOR THE HUMMUS
• 1 tablespoon raw (unroasted) tahini
• 1 tablespoon raw chia seeds
• Juice of 1 lemon
• 1 large bell pepper
• ½ large zucchini
• 2 cloves of garlic
• 1 cup sundried tomatoes, soaking in ½ cup water
• Spices to taste: paprika, cumin, onion powder, and good quality sea salt
Easter Egg Radishes, onions, tomatoes, bell peppers, olives (raw), pickles, crackers (raw, vegan, flax), and/or pita bread.
1. Place the sun-dried tomatoes in a 1/2 cup of warm water. Let soak for 20 minutes.
2. Once soaked, place all the hummus ingredients in the blender, including the sun-dried tomato soaking water, and liquify until smooth. (If you are not using a high speed blender, be sure to grind your chia seeds in a coffee grinder beforehand.)
3. Serve with your desired dippers and enjoy.
By Marina Yanay-Triner for blissfuleating.com
Subscribe to our Stripes Pacific newsletter and receive amazing travel stories, great event info, cultural information, interesting lifestyle articles and more directly in your inbox!
Follow us on social media!