FORT LEE, Va. – The worldwide annual Healthy Lifestyle Festival, specials recognizing Father’s Day and the first day of summer highlight commissary offerings for June.
“By now everyone is planning their summer vacations, so we are encouraging commissary patrons to go online to www.commissaries.com
and enter to win trips galore throughout the summer,” said Tracie Russ, the Defense Commissary Agency’s director of sales. “They’ll find these opportunities and more in the Sales Events section and Exclusive Savings pages of our website.”
Throughout the month of June, the commissary’s industry partners – vendors, suppliers and brokers – are collaborating with commissaries to offer discounts beyond everyday savings. Patrons are advised to check the “end of the aisle” for themed items with extra low pricing.
Overseas stores may have substitute events for certain promotional programs. Customers should check with their store manager to verify when they will be offering the following sales events:
• Your Healthy Lifestyle Festival – ‘Live Healthy and Save Big!’ Your military community resale partners have come together to offer patrons Healthy Lifestyle Festivals through early July at commissaries worldwide. This annual event features discounted prices at commissary produce sidewalk sales; savings on workout equipment and apparel at exchanges; health screenings at local clinics, and fitness events hosted by the installation’s morale, welfare and recreation activities. Veterinarians will return for a second year offering health information for family pets as well as food safety tips. See the event schedule for locations and dates.
• M&M’s flavor vote is back. M&M’s return with their famous flavor vote campaign to provide new flavors and customer interaction. Through July 15, Mars will provide commissaries worldwide medium-sized bags of M&M’s at over 35 percent savings with three new flavors (Expresso, Raspberry and Crispy Mint) and ask customers to vote for the new flavors. This M&M’s program also gives patrons a chance to win a trip for two to M&M’s world. Mars will also donate 25 cents per unit sold of the medium bag flavor vote items to the Fisher House Scholarship for Military Children fund (up to $5,000) in honor of Armed Forces Day.
• Kellogg’s Jurassic World 2 movie launch promotion. From June 16 to July 7, Kellogg’s will be offering collectible packaging, dinosaur spoon inserts, free movie ticket offers, price savings on Kellogg’s products and Jurassic World 2 promotional items in most commissaries. The savings will be reflected on the following name bands: Kellogg’s Frosted Flakes, Froot Loops, Apple Jacks, Corn Pops, Pop-Tarts, Eggo Waffles, Cheez-It Crackers, Keebler Caddy Packs, Rice Krispies Treats, Kellogg Fruit Snacks and Fudge Shoppe cookies.
• The 9th Annual “Red White & Blue Reunion” contest continues stateside through July 15. Commissary patrons can enter to win a family vacation to one of America’s national parks by submitting a short essay on “Why My Family Should Win a Trip to a National Park.” Over 125,000 in-store (over $6 savings) coupon booklets will be distributed stateside featuring savings on many top Unilever Brands. There will be five grand prize trips of an all-inclusive family vacation to one of America’s national parks valued at up to $10,000 each. Also, 10 other winners will be awarded commissary gift cards. Sweepstakes information is available at the commissary. Contest winners will be announced on Unilever’s dedicated military website, Operation In-Touch (www.operationintouch.com
• Smucker’s Mission Breakfast is pleased to announce their 10th annual Mission Breakfast event, June 4-17, where stateside patrons will find mass displays and savings on the following name brands: Smucker’s, Martha White, Crisco, Folgers, Hungry Jack, Dunkin Donuts, Millstone and more. Whichever commissary creates the most creative display based on these products and increases its sales during this time will win the grand prize of a free breakfast event for all of the military personnel on the installation. Also the winning installation receives $1,000 in commissary shopping sprees to be given out to local patrons.
• Fandango Takes Your Family to a Summer Blockbuster Event. From June 15 to July 15, stateside patrons will have opportunities for free movie tickets by shopping the commissary. Patrons will be required to purchase seven participating products from any one of the following brands: Ball Park hot dogs, Chinet, Neutrogena, Band-Aid, Neosporin, Chewy, Gatorade, Life cereal, Frito Lay, Nabisco multi packs, Ritz Crackers and Chips Ahoy cookies to earn a free $9 movie ticket toward any movie in theaters during the summer months. Patrons must buy the required purchases (indicated via in-store shelf signs) in one transaction and send a photo of their receipt showing the qualified purchases via the directions provided on the store display. Patrons can qualify at least three times during the month.
• Smithfield, Eckrich and Nathan’s hosts a Summertime Grilling Tour. Through August, Smithfield’s sales team will set up grilling events outside the front entrances of commissaries. Smithfield brand ambassadors will engage customers with product samples, coupons gifts with purchases and giveaways. Check with your local commissary for their grilling tour dates.
“Join us in June for all of these exciting special events and sales promotions,” Russ said. “And don’t forget, summer is a great time of year to get outdoors and hike, bike and barbecue, but it can also be a little tricky health-wise. So please don’t forget to purchase sunscreen, bug repellant, a first aid kit, and lots and lots of water to keep you and your pets hydrated!”