A time to say ‘thank you’: November promotions honor veterans, recognize military families, prep for holidays
Note: Go to the DeCA website to read this release online.
FORT LEE, Va. – We may turn our clocks back Nov. 3 when daylight saving time ends, but the savings continue as commissary promotions and events honor our veterans and provide more than enough for the gatherings of family and friends at Thanksgiving.
“November is the time we remember and honor our veterans, recognize the sacrifices of the military family, wish the Marine Corps a happy birthday, and gather for Thanksgiving feasts,” said Army Command Sgt. Maj. Tomeka N. O’Neal, the Defense Commissary Agency’s senior enlisted advisor to the DeCA director. “And in all our hustle and bustle, everyone enjoys the extra money in their wallets that comes with shopping their commissary.”
Patrons are reminded to check the ends of aisles in their store for themed items with extra low pricing. Overseas stores may have substitute events for certain promotional programs. Customers should check with their store for details or visit their store page to verify what’s available. Here are a few areas to consider for commissary savings:
- Exclusive savings on select frozen turkeys. Commissaries worldwide will offer limited weekly quantities of frozen turkeys at 48¢ per pound. Plan ahead for your holiday meals and take advantage of these special seasonal savings while supplies last. Available quantities of frozen turkeys are expected to increase closer to Thanksgiving. Check your commissary for brand availability. Promotion runs through Dec. 31.
- ‘Text-To-Win’ $25 gift card. In honor of our veterans, MyMilitarySavings.com is sponsoring a “Text-to-Win” opportunity for a $25 commissary or exchange gift card. Commissary customers can find details at the commissary. Through this program a $2,500 donation will go to the Fisher House Foundation, which builds comfort homes where military and veterans’ families can stay free of charge while a loved one is in the hospital. Contest ends Nov. 3.
- Kellogg’s Cheez-It® 2019 Bowl. Enter to win a trip to the 2019 Cheez-It® Bowl in Phoenix, Arizona. One grand prize winner and three guests will win airfare, hotel accommodations for three nights, and tickets to the bowl game. Look for in-store displays for more details. Sweepstakes run through Nov. 3.
- 2nd Annual Operation Gratitude by Colgate. Operation Gratitude is a non-profit organization that assembles and ships care packages to service members deployed overseas. Colgate will provide shelf coupons exclusive to the military community that read, “Buy 2, Save $0.50, Colgate Gives 1.” For every coupon that scans through the register in November, Colgate will donate one matching product to Operation Gratitude. Colgate employees and their families will also include hand-written letters that are sent to deployed service members along with the donated product. Products include toothpaste, liquid hand soap and dish liquid. Promotion ends Nov. 17.
- Unilever 2nd Annual Veterans Day Commemoration. Unilever is taking care of our veterans through Fisher Houses during their 2nd annual Veterans Day Commemoration event. This event features Suave Shampoo and Conditioner, Suave Body Wash, Suave Hand and Body Lotion and Suave Deodorant. Look for product demonstrations and high-value coupons in commissaries. Unilever will also donate $1 million to Fisher House Foundation. Promotion ends Nov. 17.
- Kellogg’s “Frozen II.” “Frozen II” is coming to theaters Nov. 22, and Kellogg’s is partnering with tattoo inserts inside specially marked cereal packages, free movie ticket offers and hot prices available on the following products: Kellogg Frosted Flakes, Froot Loops, Apple Jacks, Corn Pops, Cheez-It, Town House, Pringles, NutriGrain, Rice Krispies Treats, Zesta and Eggo waffles. Promotion ends Nov. 17.
- Turkey booklet. The commissary and its industry partners are teaming up to offer a coupon booklet saving more than $21 off a turkey with qualifying holiday meal purchases. A limited number of these booklets will be distributed only to stateside stores (including Alaska and Hawaii) around the end of October. They can be redeemed at any commissary worldwide during November and December.
- Featured ‘dietitian-approved’ recipes. Save up to 20% on select ingredients for the following meals:
- Commissary beef and pork savings. The commissary has added to the beef and pork savings package. Check with your meat department to learn more about these sizzling offers:
- Fall Favorites Power Box – Offers a 25% savings to our patrons on select cuts of beef
- Whole Sub Primal Beef Sold at Cost – customers can save 14% to 26% on sub primal beef. Cut upon request for free
- Healthy Alternative Power Buy Box – Save 29% on 20 pounds of select cuts of lean beef and pork
- Economy Power Buy Box – Save 31% on 15 pounds of select cuts of beef and pork
“We have much to be grateful for this Thanksgiving, and the men and women of the Defense Commissary Agency are thankful for the faithful service of our nation’s military. We are proud to provide their commissary benefit,” O’Neal said.
Subscribe to our Stripes Pacific newsletter and receive amazing travel stories, great event info, cultural information, interesting lifestyle articles and more directly in your inbox!
Follow us on social media!