Top ten reasons you should register now for the Transition GPS Accessing Higher Education Track
1. A college education is one of the most important investments that you can make in your future – resulting in increased opportunities, higher earnings, a lower risk of unemployment, and even greater happiness. The Accessing Higher Education (AHE) track is designed to help you achieve your personal and career goals.
2. Choosing the right school is more than just completing the college or university’s application. Upon completion of the AHE track, you will have a better understanding of the decision factors and priorities that might impact your school selection process.
3. Don’t fear going back to school. The transition to college after serving in uniform can be a challenge, especially for those who are first-generation college students. As part of the AHE track, you will create a customized plan for a successful transition.
4. While getting a college degree will help you achieve your career goals and get a better-paying job, it is a big investment in time and effort. The AHE track will help you develop a plan to fund your education.
5. College affordability and value are important factors to consider when choosing the right school. Learn how to compare different colleges and universities with The GI Bill® Comparison Tool and College Navigator, so you can choose the best education program to meet your needs.
6. The AHE track will help you maximize the return on your GI Bill® benefits; you will learn more about grants and low-interest loans offered through Federal Student Aid, and discover thousands of scholarships and state aid programs.
7. Many colleges claim they are “military friendly” or “veteran friendly”; the AHE track will help you decide whether these claims are true.
8. Be an informed consumer and don’t get scammed on your way to college. The AHE track will provide suggestions for protecting yourself from scams directed at veterans.
9. As you prepare to transition to college, you could be eligible for academic credit for your military training at certain academic institutions. The AHE track will provide you with tools to evaluate your military training for potential academic credit.
10. Don’t hesitate, and sign up for this course as early as possible. Planning for college takes time! You may think college is not for you right now, but this could change. The information provided during the course will also be helpful for you if your children are considering college.
Source: U.S. Department of Education
Subscribe to our Stripes Pacific newsletter and receive amazing travel stories, great event info, cultural information, interesting lifestyle articles and more directly in your inbox!
Follow us on social media!