2015 Osan Tax Center opening

by .
Osan Tax Center

OSAN AIR BASE, Republic of Korea  -- Team Osan's 2015 Tax Center will be open Feb. 11 through April 15, 2015 at the Education Center. Each visit is by appointment only; no walk-ins will be accepted. To schedule an appointment, please call the legal office at 784-6713, 784-9093, or 784-8819. All clients must make appropriate child care arrangements for their appointment; the Education Center will still be conducting classes and tests and waiting areas are minimal. Tax returns will not be printed at the site, but will be emailed to you at a later time.

When calling in, please provide the following information:

  • Your filing status.
  • Whether you are on active duty, a civilian or a retiree.
  • Whether or not you or your spouse own rental property, own any business, and/or bought or sold stocks.

Checklist For Filing Taxes

Each individual will need to bring the following items with them to enable the tax center to prepare tax returns, if applicable:

1. Social Security Number of all dependents (social security and/or ID cards for verification.)

2. Bank routing number (cancelled check or bank print out.)

3. Bank account number for checking and/or savings (cancelled check or bank print out.)

4. A copy of last years' tax return (Tax transcripts can be ordered online at https://sa1.www4.irs.gov/irfof-tra/start.do or member can call 1-800-908-9946.)

5. If you are filing a joint return and your spouse is not with you, you will need a signed Special Power of Attorney (POA) or Form 2848 (IRS POA.)

6. All of the following items that apply to the taxpayers on the return:

  • W-2 taxable income.
  • 1099 INT interest income (more than $10 in interest.)
  • 1099 OID original issue discount.
  • 1099 DIV dividends and capital gains/capital gain distribution of mutual funds.
  • 1099 G unemployment compensations.
  • 1099 B sale of stocks or bonds.
  • 1099 S proceeds from real estate transactions.
  • 1099 MISC miscellaneous income.
  • 1098 Mortgage interest statement.
  • 1099 R received distributions from pensions, annuities and/or IRA.
  • SSA-1099 social security benefit statement.
  • RRB-1099 Railroad retirement.
  • RRB-1099-R annuities or pension by railroad retirement board.
  • 1098 E student loan interest statement or a letter stating amount paid.
  • 1098 T tuition statement.
  • 1040 ES estimated tax.
  • W2-G gambling winnings.
  • Property Owners - Documentation of relevant expenses and mortgage interest.
  • Childcare Expenses - need provider's SSN or EIN and address.
  • Alimony - need other person's name, SSN and amounts paid or received.
  • Moving Expenses - receipts or documentation for any unreimbursed expenses.
  • IRA contributions - bring end-of-year-statement.
  • Charitable contributions (CFC, etc.) - bring end-of-year LES, receipts or documentation.
  • For capital gains or losses, you must be able to document:

   - What you sold.

   - Date you purchased it.

   - How much you paid for it.

   - Date you sold it.

   - How much you received for it.

Subscribe to our Stripes Pacific newsletter and receive amazing travel stories, great event info, cultural information, interesting lifestyle articles and more directly in your inbox!

Follow us on social media!

Facebook: Stars and Stripes Pacific
Flipboard: Stars and Stripes Community Sites

Looking to travel while stationed abroad? Check out our other Pacific community sites!
Stripes Japan
Stripes Okinawa
Stripes Guam

Recommended Content