6 places in Korea to fulfill your strawberry cravings
6 places in Korea to fulfill your strawberry cravings
In Korea, winter is the season when the sweet and tart strawberries are at their peak. Missing out on this year’s strawberry season means you’ll have to wait for next winter. However, it’s not too late to satiate your strawberry craving! Read on for our recommended upcoming and ongoing strawberry events.
Nonsan Strawberry Festival
- Event period: March 8-12, 2023
- Venue: Nonsan Citizen’s Park in Nonsan, Chuncheongnam-do (충청남도 논산시민공원 및 시민운동장)
Nonsan Strawberry Festival fills the air with strawberry scent every year in Nonsan, Chuncheongnam-do. This year marks the 25th anniversary and the first time to be held offline in four years due to the COVID-19 outbreak. To celebrate the long awaited offline festival, diverse programs are prepared such as a strawberry picking experience, strawberry dessert café, and strawberry sales. The highlight of the festival is the helicopter ride experience supervised by Nonsan city and Nonsan Army Aviation School in order to promote Nonsan as the city of strawberries and national security.
Strawberry Salon by JW Marriott Dongdaemun Square Seoul
- Event period: December 2, 2022 – April 30, 2023
- Venue: 1F “The Lounge” in JW Marriott Dongdaemun Square Seoul, 279, Cheonggyecheon-ro, Jongno-gu, Seoul (서울특별시 종로구 청계천로 279 JW 메리어트 동대문 스퀘어 서울 1층 ‘더 라운지’)
If you want to taste a wide variety of Korean strawberries, this is the place to be. JW Marriott Dongdaemun Square presents a plethora of sweet desserts and drinks using four different types of strawberries carefully selected by skillful chefs. This season’s event is promoted as a premium strawberry buffet, and visitors can get a taste of honeysweet King’s Berry, Mannyeonseol, Jukhyang, and Vitaberry strawberries that are grown in Korea.
DDALKI STUDIO at Seoul Dragon City
- Event period: December 17, 2022 – April 16, 2023
* Operates only on weekends and public holidays
- Venue: 26F “THE 26” in Novotel Suite, 95, Cheongpa-ro 20-gil,Yongsan-gu, Seoul (서울특별시 용산구 청파로20길 95 노보텔 스위트 26층 ‘THE 26’)
Seoul Dragon City offers a delightful dessert buffet using the freshest strawberries available. Thanks to their efficient and quick delivery system, the strawberries are picked and delivered directly from the farm on the same day. As if feasting your eyes on the 25 different desserts is not rewarding enough, the view of Namsan Tower from 26 floors above ground is another sweet treat. In addition to strawberry desserts, you can also order Korean foods like bibmbap and yukhoe (beef tartare) for a hearty meal.
Lovely Strawberry at Walker Hill Hotel & Resort
Event period: December 1, 2022 – April 30, 2023
- Venue: “The Pavilion” in Grand Walker Hill Seoul, 177, Walkerhill-ro, Gwangjin-gu, Seoul (서울특별시 광진구 워커힐로 177 그랜드워커힐서울 로비라운지 ‘더 파빌리온’)
Grand Walker Hill Seoul presents a mashup of Korea’s sweet and juicy Seolhyang strawberries and Western desserts adorned in lovely shades of pink. Their signature menu is the strawberry dessert set for two. It consists of 12 desserts in total, including a traditional Australian dessert Lamington cake, and panna cotta with berry sauce, strawberry crepe, and Berry Charlotte cake. Visitors can also order single menu items like strawberry bingsu and strawberry-ade.
Strawberry Field Afternoon Tea at Grand Hyatt Seoul
- Event period: January 2 - March 12, 2023
- Venue: “Gallery” in Grand Hyatt Seoul, 322, Sowol-ro, Yongsan-gu, Seoul (서울특별시 용산구 소월로 322 그랜드 하얏트 서울 로비 ‘갤러리’)
Grand Hyatt Seoul offers a sweet-scented getaway with an afternoon tea buffet featuring strawberries grown from Jirisan Mountain in Sancheon, Gyeongsangnam-do. Thanks to the abundant sunlight that reach the mountain range, these strawberries are flavorful and an excellent ingredient for making the sweetest desserts. The afternoon tea set desserts include strawberry and sweet potato opera cake and strawberry yogurt mousse dessert. You can enjoy desserts with a cup of coffee or tea of your choice for an hour and a half.
Strawberry picking at Cloudberry
- Event period: December 17, 2022 – May 2023
- Farm 1: 60-13, I-dong, Gimhae-si, Gyeongsangnam-do (경상남도 김해시 이동 60-13(제1농장))
- Farm 2: 19-18, I-dong, Gimhae-si, Gyeongsangnam-do (경상남도 김해시 이동 19-18(제3농장))
Cloudberry is a “smart farm” that grows organic strawberries. Although there are many strawberry fields across the country, this farm is particularly famous for two main reasons. First, Cloudberry has international staff members who can provide assistance in their native language such as English, French, Spanish, and German, making the experience at this farm more convenient for those who cannot speak Korean. Secondly, the farm hosts a cooking class along with strawberry-picking experience, and participants can take their handmade desserts home. Reservations are required in advance in order to enter the farm.
1330 Korea Travel Helpline: +82-2-1330 (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese, Russian, Vietnamese, Thai, Malay)
* This column was last updated in January 2023, and therefore information may differ from what is presented here. We advise you to confirm details before visiting.
– COPYRIGHTS ©KOREA TOURISM ORGANIZATION.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED www.visitkorea.or.kr
Subscribe to our Stripes Pacific newsletter and receive amazing travel stories, great event info, cultural information, interesting lifestyle articles and more directly in your inbox!
Follow us on social media!
Facebook: Stars and Stripes Pacific
Flipboard: Stars and Stripes Community Sites
Looking to travel while stationed abroad? Check out our other Pacific community sites!