Korean restaurant app offers more options
Korean restaurant app offers more options
If you’re still maintaining your social distance or don’t feel like cooking, here’s a food delivery service to help you get some take out to your door while you stay in.
Bedal Minjok has a service area coverage in smaller cities in Korea and offers different restaurants than other options like Shuttle and more restaurants than similar apps like Yogiyo.
Bedal Minjok, or BeMin for short, has been around for at least four years and continues to add more restaurants. Though the app only offers a Korean version, it has over 140,000 restaurants nationwide, so don’t be intimidated by the language barrier. Below, I’ll walk you through how to get the most out of this great app. Order from BeMin’s impressive food categories like Japanese, fast food, Korean, desserts and more. You’ll have all the good eats at your door in no time!
How to use Bedal Minjok app
- STEP 1&2: Download Bedal minjok (배달의 민족) from the Apple store or Google Play. Hit the ‘My 배민’ at the bottom right. And then hit the ‘로그인해주세요’ in red line in photo #2.
- STEP 3&4: For the easy next order, I recommend you become a member of this app. Tap the ‘회원가입’ at the bottom right in red. You’ll see terms and condition boxes for you to fill in photo #4. Fill the boxes circled in red to agree to the terms and hit the blue bar at the bottom.
- STEP 5&6: Enter your cell phone number and enter a SMS verification number. Next, hit the ‘다음’ in red at the top right. And then enter your E-mail address and hit the ‘다음’ in red at the top right again.
- STEP 7: To check duplicate e-mail address, hit the ‘중복확인’ in the red circle. Next, enter info in each blank and hit the ‘다음’ circled in blue at the top right.
Set your delivery location
- STEP 8 & 9 & 10: Time to show off your Korean typing skills! Tap the top area in red circled in photo#8 and type in the address where you live first into the red bar in photo#9 and tap the magnifier button. (There is also a GPS button but only use that as reference as it can complicate the search to more complicated Hangul.) Enter your address and tap the address in red to confirm it in photo #10.
- STEP 11: Now enter your detail address (i.e. building name and apt. number) in the blank in the red line. Next, tap the blue bar to set up your address completely.
Choose a restaurant and menu
- STEP 12 & 13: When you see this tasty screen, it means you’re ready to get started! The main screen is categorized based on the menu item. Tap one of the food groups on the main screen, then the app will show you the list of the restaurants near you. Scroll through to choose the restaurant you’re craving, and then click to see their delivery menu. The listings also have a star rating which will help you for quick reference and save you the trouble of trying to translate a Korean review.
- STEP 14 & 14(1): Tap the green bar at bottom if you want to add your food to the cart. Tap the shopping cart button at the downright in photo#14(1) if you’d like to just order the menu item you have chosen without adding any other items. (Note: Check out the minimum order amount, before ordering it.)
- STEP 15 Once you’ve selected all your items and tapped the green bar, you’ve reached the final stage of your food-ordering mission! The top box in the red is a place where your detailed address needs to go. If you fully entered your address including your unit number and building name at the stage of STEP 11, then you can skip this box. The second box in green is where you should type in your phone number, skip this verification step as well if you’ve done this prior step.
Pay for your meal
- STEP 16: Scroll down to pay for your order. This is where you choose a payment method. Bedal Minjok offers five options including debit/credit card, cash apps like Naver Pay, Kakao Pay, and Toss. You can see the drop-down payment options after you tap the 신용/체크카드 in red.
- STEP 17: If you’re an expat, cash apps might not be good options since proving your identity on this is beyond a hassle. The old method of payment in the green and blue is the best option. Payment in green is a cash on delivery option (만나서 현장결제) and blue is a credit/ debit card on delivery option (만나서 카드결제).
- STEP 18 & 19 & 20: Scroll down. Fill the term and condition in red and then hit the green bar at the bottom in photo #18. At this step shown in photo #19, you’ll be required to verify a phone number. Choose the mobile service provider you use and fill the all terms and conditions boxes. Enter info into each blank, then tap the blue bar at the bottom in photo#20. Then get a SMS verification number, enter it in the blank and tap the blue bar at the bottom again.
Review the order details
- STEP 21 (fyi-no photo): Before you confirm your order, review the details including delivery fee. It’s individual for every restaurant and some of them also have order minimums so keep that in mind. After carefully reviewing your order again, hit the green bar at the bottom to complete your order!
- You’ll receive a confirmation text message and wait time in a moment. It might be a bit hard for you at first, but once you learn how to use this app it will be a breeze to order food to your door. Bon appetite!
Subscribe to our Stripes Pacific newsletter and receive amazing travel stories, great event info, cultural information, interesting lifestyle articles and more directly in your inbox!
Follow us on social media!