Let's serve up some Orange Glazed Salmon & Red Risotto
- 11 oz. can of mandarin oranges (drained)
- 1 tbsp. dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 8.25 oz can of beets, chopped
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 3 cups of low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup of long-grain white rice (not instant)
- 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese (if desired)
- 4 6 oz. thaws or fresh salmon filets
- 1/2 cup of arugula
- Drain 1- 11oz. can of mandarin oranges. Pour the orange segments in a small sauce pan and add ¼ cup of brown sugar and 1 tbsp. of Dijon mustard. Stir the mixture and bring to a boil. Cook for 1 minute.
- Drain 1- 8.25 oz. can of beets and then finely chop. Peel and finely dice a medium onion. Set both aside.
- In a large saucepan, heat ¼ cup of olive oil over medium-high heat and add the diced onion along with ¼ tsp of salt and ¼ tsp of pepper. Stir and cook the onion until it is nearly clear. Gently stir in the beets and cook for an additional minute.
- Add 3 cups of low sodium chicken broth, 1 tbsp. of balsamic vinegar and 1 cup of long-grain white rice (not instant). Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat to medium low. Simmer uncovered for about 15-20 minutes stirring occasionally, until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed. (If desired, sprinkle ½ cup of grated Parmesan cheese; don’t stir.) Cover and set aside.
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Lightly spray the foil with non– stick cooking spray. Place 4- 6oz. thawed or fresh salmon fillets on the foil, in a single layer. (If the fillets have skin, place them skin down.) Top each fillet evenly with the orange glaze.
- Bake uncovered for 20-22 minutes or until the salmon is firm but still pink in the center.
- Serve by placing ¼ of the beet risotto in a bowl, topped with one salmon fillet and ½ cup of arugula.
Tips: To shorten baking time, bake the fillets in a 425°F oven for 10-12 minutes. The texture may be a little flakier
Subscribe to our Stripes Pacific newsletter and receive amazing travel stories, great event info, cultural information, interesting lifestyle articles and more directly in your inbox!
Follow us on social media!