Folks, it's mass mania over Kidzania in Korea!
Kidzania, located in Jamsil, Songpa-gu, Seoul, is a unique family entertainment space especially for children age 3 to 16. The theme park provides children with a chance to experience jobs that they might want to have when they grow up! The park, which originated in Mexico and has spread throughout the world, opened its doors in Korea in February of 2010.
Kidzania has a total of three floors and lets children experience over 57 different jobs. By experiencing a variety of realistic role playing jobs (all of which are included in the entrance fee) children can learn about real-life economic principles in a unique and interesting environment. Job experiences include working as a policeman, flight attendant, firefighter, or chef (uniforms are provided). When you work hard in Kidzania, you get paid in Kidzo (a virtual currency). You can put your money in the bank for your next visit or purchase goods at the department store.
Kidzania mimics a real city environment, has diverse jobs, and is full of events. When there is a fire, a fireman rushes to help, and a news reporter covers the story. While 911 paramedics give first aid to fire victims, in another part of “town” delivery personnel are dropping off packages. Kidzania teaches the next generation how to live as responsible members of society and gives them an introduction to how the economy works.
In order to make the environment as realistic as possible, every building, car, and tree is reduced to 2/3 its real size, helping children feel more adult-like in their new world!
• Police station (officer)
• Golf club (golfer – training activity / Masters’ contest)
• Air refresher R & D center (researcher)
• Korean Custom Service (officer)
• National Tax Service (officer)
• Donut store (donut chef)
• Driving track (car driver)
• Radio Studio (broadcaster)
• Ramyeon (noodles) R & D center (researcher)
• Magic school (magician)
• Mart (customer/casher/staff)
• Mobile Design R & D center (product designer)
• Researching cultural assets (archeology)
• Water laboratory (researcher)
• Health food school (food educator)
• Department store (customer/department manager)
• Court (juror, judge)
• Bakery (baker)
• Hospital - Infant unit (nurse)
• Hospital - Emergency medical center (emergency medical doctor)
• Hospital - Emergency rescue group (emergency technician)
• Beauty salon (beauty consultant)
• Fire disaster office (fire identifying team / fire rescue team)
• Snack R & D center (researcher)
• Cabin crew education center (pilot/crew member)
• News company (reporter)
• Ice cream store (ice cream maker)
• Eco-furniture studio (furniture designer)
• Performing school (acting / tap dance / talent)
• Driving license test site (driving test)
• Milk product R & D center (milk master)
• Bank (customer)
• Drink beverage factory (factory member)
• Chocolate factory (chocolate master)
• Publication (promising writer)
• Dental clinic (dentist)
• Fashion boutique (model)
• Hamburger cafeteria (hamburger cook)
• Photo studio (photographer)
• e-kidzo Card center
• Address: 240, Olympic-ro, Songpa-gu, Seoul 서울특별시 송파구 올림픽로 240 (잠실동)
• Inquiries: 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330 (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-1544-5110
• URL: www.kidzania.co.kr (Korean, English)
• E-Mail: email@example.com
• Operating Hours: Open all year round Section 1 – 10 a.m. -3 p.m. / Section 2 – 3:30 p.m. -8:30 p.m. / All-day pass – 10 a.m.- 8:30 p.m.
• Duration: 5 hours (The program is divided into session I & II)
• Age Limit for Activities: Children ages 3-16
• Admission Fees: Children (ages 3-16) – Half-day pass 38,000 won / All-day pass 59,000 won Teenagers & Adults (age 17 or older) – Half-day pass 16,000 won / All-day pass 18,000 won Children with disabilities (ages 3 – 16) – Half-day pass 19,000 won / All-day pass 29,500 won Guardian of children with disabilities (ages 17 or more) – Half-day pass 8,000 won / All-day pass 14,400 won
• 3-Hour ticket: Children 16,000 won / Adults 7,000 won (Period 1: admission after 12 a.m. / Period 2: Admission after 5:30 p.m.)
* Babies (ages 3 or younger): Free (participation in hands-on programs not allowed)
* Inquiry for groups / schools / party room: +82-1544-5110
Subscribe to our Stripes Pacific newsletter and receive amazing travel stories, great event info, cultural information, interesting lifestyle articles and more directly in your inbox!
Follow us on social media!