Korea home to some awesome summer music festivals
There are many ways to beat the hot temperature of South Korea’s summer, one of the most fun ways is to take part in some of the country’s fantastic concerts and festivals. The music alone is sometimes enough to make you forget about the heat, and if that isn’t enough Korea is known for its amazing water music festivals. These festivals will do a great job cooling you off as attendees grab a water gun and join the fun!
While K-pop and EDM are some of the biggest genres in the country, there are events that almost everyone can enjoy. Look at some of the upcoming concerts and festivals this summer and figure out which is the right one for you!
1. Water Bomb Festival –Busan & Daegu
The summer heat can be very aggressive, and most will want to hang out in the comfort of shade and air conditioning. Instead, escape the heat by going to Water Bomb, one of South Korea’s most popular water music festivals. Pick a side and join in the one of the craziest large-scale water gun fights. Get absolutely soaked as you dance to the rhythm of the music. Featuring some of the hottest K-pop and EDM artists in South Korea!
[Water Bomb Busan]
- Date: July 13, 2019 (Sat)
- Location: Busan Asiad Secondary Stadium
- Line up: Crush, Winner, Zico, Jessi, Sura, and more!
- Check out more info & Book here: http://bit.ly/2WwIsgf
[Water Bomb Daegu]
- Date: Aug 17, 2019 (Sat)
- Location: TBD
- Line up: Simon Dominic, Gray, Woo Won-jae, Virtual Riot, TK, and more!
- Check out more info & Book here: http://bit.ly/31sqBun
2. 4SEIDON Water Music Festival
Similar to Water Bomb, 4SEIDON is a huge outdoor water music festival. It’s one of the best summer festivals to experience an awesome mix of EDM and K-pop while beating the insane heat in Busan! Join water gun fights, mind-blowing water performances, and feel the rhythm of the music as you soak those around you. Witness spectacular water special effects on stage with a star-studded musical line up filled with 20 K-pop and 4 EDM artists including Ghastly and Tokyo Machine!
- Date: July 27, 2019 (Sat)
- Location: Busan Asiad Secondary Stadium
- Line up: Ghastly, Tokyo Machine, and more!
- Check out more info & Book here: http://bit.ly/2WGhvvp
3. 5TARDIUM 2019 EDM Festival
EDM fans everywhere will be ready for “The Great Path on the Universe: STARGAZER” at Seoul’s 6th anniversary of its 5TARDIUM EDM festival. 12 of the biggest EDM artists have confirmed their appearance to create an incredibly stacked performance! Featuring legendary artists such as Illenium, Mark Schulz, Pegboard Nerds, Said the Sky, Zomboy, R3hab, and several others. Each night showcases 6 of the 12 artists for fans to enjoy unique and exciting performances on each of the stadium’s 5 stages filled with laser shows, fireworks, huge puppets, and LED light shows and decorations.
- Date: June 29~30, 2019 (Sat~Sun)
- Location: Nanji Hangang Park, Seoul
- Line up (June 29): Illenium, Markus Schulz, Pegboard Nerds, Retrovision, Sasasas, Tritonal
- Line up (June 30): Darren Styles, i_o, R3hab, Said the Sky, Sullivan King, Zomboy
- Check our more info & Book here: http://bit.ly/2X3J5SW
4. Holiday Land Festival
Relax under the summer sun on the beautiful grounds of the Paradise city Hotel as R&B fans gather at Holiday Land Festival, one of South Korea’s biggest R&B music festivals. Grab a blanket, lie down, and vibe to the pleasant beats from some of the world’s top R&B artists. Listen to popular artists such as Joji, Anne-Marie, H.E.R, Sabrina Claudio, Daniel Caesar, Zion.T, and Beenzino. Take the opportunity to feel the breeze and unwind as each artist adds their personal touch to the peaceful laid-back atmosphere.
- Date: July 27~28, 2019 (Sat~Sun)
- Location: Paradise City (near Incheon International Airport)
- Line up (July 27): James Blake, H.E.R, Joji, Cigarettes After Sex, Men I Trust, Vince Staples, Zion.T, Colde, and more!
- Line up (July 28): Anne-Marie, Daniel Caesar, Aminé, Sabrina Claudio, Toro Y Moi, Beenzino, O3ohn, and more!
- Check out more info & Book here: http://bit.ly/2ZfadLY
Subscribe to our Stripes Pacific newsletter and receive amazing travel stories, great event info, cultural information, interesting lifestyle articles and more directly in your inbox!
Follow us on social media!