Jukdo Beach in Yangyang, Gangwon-do is emerging as an attractive surfing destination for surfers. Originally well-known for its lush pine forest and 2 km long sandy beach, Jukdo Beach began to gain attention of surfers with its shallow waters and wave conditions that provided a perfect environment for surf beginners. Jukdo Beach is now a surfer’s paradise frequented by surfers nationwide with over 20 surf shops in the area.
With the opening of Dongseo Expressway in June, visitors with cars can save traveling time from Seoul to Yangyang. Jukdo Beach welcomes beginning and experienced surfers
alike as nearby surf equipment shops within the beach area have suits and surfboards readily available for rent. After a basic lesson from a professional instructor, even non-experienced beginners can enjoy catching the waves.
Besides surfing, Jukdo Beach is also packed with places to eat and enjoy, including pubs, restaurants, guesthouses, markets, camping sites, etc. The beach turns into a festive venue filled with exuberance at night as many events, like movie night and dance festival, take place. Yangyang County Office is currently working on installing a webcam within this month to provide a live surf forecast for the convenience of surfers.
• ADDRESS: 4 Changni-gil, Hyeonnam-myeon, Yangyang-gun, Gangwon-do
• DIRECTIONS: From Dong Seoul Bus Terminal, take an intercity bus to Yangyang Terminal (approx. 2 hr 40 min) -> Take Bus No. 12 at Yangyang Bus Terminal Bus Stop -> Get off at Duchang Sibyeon-ri Bus Stop -> Cross the street and walk for approx. 325 m (approx. 5 min)
• JUKDO BEACH SEASON: July 7 – August 20, 2017
• SURF LESSON FEE: 70,000~80,000 won during on-season (Additional fee of 10,000 won for suit rental)
• Rental and lesson fees vary depending on shops.
• INQUIRIES: 1330 Korea Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330 (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)