A truly romantic winter sight, Anmok and Jumunjin Beach
published: January 13, 2018
Beach road filled with coffee aroma, Anmok Beach
The road along Anmok Beach has gained much attention as Gangneung Coffee Street. The street across from the beach is lined with coffee houses and cafés that boast distinct coffee aromas of their own. The well-managed pathway along the beach provides for a pleasant walk by the calm waters. In contrast to the bustling summer beach, the winter beach gives off a quiet and tranquil ambience, setting a perfect mood to dwell in thought before the new year arrives.
Two-seater porch swings can be found lined along the sandy beach where you can sit closely with your partner and share each other’s warmth against the cold ocean breeze. The swings especially serve as a romantic photo spot for couples along with the open beach as a wonderful backdrop. Another way to enjoy winter at Anmok Beach is to take in the ocean view with a cup of hot coffee from the nearby coffee vending machine, a special experience available only in Korea. The sweet instant coffee is readily available at only 400 won per cup, so don’t forget to prepare some coins in advance.
Follow the footsteps of “Guardian” at Jumunjin Port
Jumunjin Port and its breakwater first came into spotlight upon appearing in the popular K-drama “Guardian: The Lonely and Great God (2016),” and continues to attract hundreds of visitors to this day. Many who flock to the area seek to take memorable photos by reenacting a significant scene from “Guardian” with the ocean in the background. Originally known for fresh hoe (sliced raw fish), Jumunjin Port consists of a huge hoe center where visitors can enjoy hoe menus at a reasonable price. Other attractions are also available near the port, such as the Jumunjin Beach and Jumunjin Lighthouse.
Address: 20-1, Changhae-ro 14beon-gil, Gangeeung-si, Gangwon-do
Jumunjin Port (“Guardian” filming site)
Address: 1609, Haean-ro, Jumunjin-eup, Gangneung-si, Gangwon-do
Transportation (Seoul → Gangneung)
- KTX Gyeonggang Line: Seoul Station - Gangneung Station (Adult fare 27,600 won / Travel time approx. 1 hr 54 min)
- Seoul Express Bus Terminal - Gangneung Express Bus Terminal (Adult fare 21,500 won / Travel time approx. 2 hr 50 min)
- Dong Seoul Bus Terminal - Gangneung Express Bus Terminal (Adult fare 15,000 won / Travel time approx. 2 hr 20 min)
Transportation (Seoul → Jumunjin)
- Bus: Dong Seoul Express Bus Terminal - Jumunjin Express Bus Terminal (Adult fare 15,800 won / Travel time approx. 2 hr 50 min)
- Korail website: www.letskorail.com (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
- Express bus ticket reservations: www.kobus.co.kr (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
- Intercity bus ticket reservations: txbuse.t-money.co.kr (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
- Gangneung Tourism: www.gn.go.kr (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
1330 Korea Travel Hotline: +82-1330 (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)